Sunday, August 19, 2012

September Harvest Meal

I was considering whether we might like to have a meal from the food we harvest in September.  It looks like we will have lots of potatoes and beans as well as carrots to eat. Some options could include having steak with chimi-cheri sauce made from the parsley, garlic and oregano now we have as well as mashed potatoes.  Beans and carrots could be the vegetable part of the meal. I make pretty good mashed potatoes if I do say so myself. Another nice idea would be to have roasted garlic spread over French bread.

This meal would be after school and would require a fair amount of preparation.  If we made this a full meal, we probably would not be eating until after 4:30. But I think it would be a lot of fun to prepare. And I think we could make a fairly gourmet meal.

Anyways let me know what you think by leaving comments after this message.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, it could maybe be an event to attract new members too. I was wondering about a summer garden party too though that would be before September. There would be spinach, carrots, and beans to harvest. When would you be free Mr. Sheldan?

    ReplyDelete